Thursday, November 20, 2008

accelerate
half clutch
slowly release clutch and accelerate harder


thats for moving off! and its something that i find difficult to master :(

Had my first driving lesson this evening at 6pm and it is also my first time driving a manual car in real life. Met my driving instructor, at wei cong's house there because they both lived in the same block and he recommended me this instructor. He then drove me to somewhere near CDC and slowly explained to me some theory and instructions which took about 20mins in total. I was feeling very very nervous when he asked me to start moving the car. Obviously had a few mistakes because i cant coordinate my 2 legs properly. The clutch is really a headache! Can tell that he(the instructor) is quite frustrated at the start but he is still very patient. Guess that he is used to all this newbie errors.

The lesson lasted for about 2 hours and after turning round and round the same place for about 6times, im starting to get use to it the whole clutch, brake and acclerate ordeal and most importantly, lesser mistakes being made in the second half of the lesson! Defintely felt good and gratifying

But my pocket defintely didn't feel good:( Had to pay $94 just now. $44 for a lesson and the other $50 is for a one time payment for some traffic police thing. Gotta save and save and save.

Overall, i think its worthwhile and is really a great learning experience. I would like to take back all the comments i made on driving being an easy thing because i got owned in the face just now :(

Major Project
I lost count of which week are we in now for MP but i think its the 3rd. The past 2 days was spent demostrating the touchbiance technology and related projects to groups of secondary school students that participated in the TP rawks event. Suddenly it feels like our MP is all about being a part time lecturer because this friday, we are going into the lab to teach them how to do some basic flash animation, just like what our teachers did to us during year1. I wish it was that way but the whole focus of our MP is still to create applications for the touchbiance thing and the progress isn't that good so far. Hopefully rick will teach and help us solve some bugs we have in our first application so that we can move on.

So how's everyone's MP coming along?

Are u all as slack as us with no sense of urgency yet? haha i hope so /gg

That's about it!

Till then, all the best and take care everyone!

byebye!

No comments :