Monday, March 17, 2014

Family

This morning, I was wakened by a heated exchange between my Dad and my Grandpa. It's not the first time such ugly incident has happened at home. And because of that I've grown to become partially numb but not totally unsympathetic about it. I know my Grandpa is the one throwing tantrums, spouting unreasonable remarks but I don't blame or hate him. His bad temper and frequent unreasonable changes of mood can only be attributed to old age; he has gotten a little senile. It's funny and sad at the time that the things I usually see on TV is actually happening to us now - the Jack Neo's film 'Money not enough 2' is definitely something I can relate to right now.

After all these incidents, I know that my parents' relationship with my Grandpa is probably strained beyond repair. I hope I'm wrong though. I hope I can still wake up happily on a Sunday morning to a harmonious living room.

No comments :