Sunday, May 04, 2014

Brave frontier!


I believe this is going to be one of those entries that will make me laugh when I look back at it few years later.

It's about my current addiction - the mobile game Brave frontier!

Ever since Army, I never expect myself to indulge in games, mainly because the thought of siting in front of my laptop for hours and clicking away furiously has become unappealing; what was once a past time has become a waste of time!

I couldn't imagine myself getting hooked on to gaming again, much less a mobile game. But thanks to Yong Han, I'm now reminded of my secondary school 'counterstrike days', where the virtual experience takes up the many hours of my day. But this time round, it's not so much of wanting to rush home and start playing because my phone is always by my side.

That means I'm almost on it every minute...

Guys being guys, we just can't contain the excitement when we discover a new (gaming) addiction. So I told my friends about it and urged them to join in the fun. The next thing I know, all of them 'befriended' me in the game, our WhatsApp group name becomes 'Brave Frontier SIAO!', and our conversations, both online and off, revolve mainly around the game. It's crazy!

But I'm not quite like my younger self, which is a huge relief. Even though sometimes emotions would get the better of me (when I lose a battle or when the game crashes!), I'm still sane enough to know that the things around me matter more than what's going on behind that screen. Scoring high points in the game would not pay for my meals, neither would it be something that I'm proud of. This is the difference between my 16 year old self and now.

I'm not intending to stop playing just yet and I hope my friends wouldn't either because I'll miss those serious 'strategy discussions', as well as the crappy jokes.

Yes, we are 26 this year but we are still young at heart!

No comments :