Thursday, May 29, 2014

I'm Ok

It has been almost 6 months and still I can't bring myself to say 'I'm good' whenever someone asks 'How are you?'.

'I'm ok' would be my reply.

'Ok' because it sits somewhere between 'bad' and 'good'. Putting it into context, I, for the past 6 months, have been preoccupying myself with very depressing and (some) lighthearted events. Ever since the start of the year, I find myself dwelling in some kind of compelling unhappiness; I've done things I never thought I would do, like waking up early and taking a stroll at the park (healthy, but when someone like me does this, it's an aberration) and coming back at night and lying on my bed, motionless for hours only to wake up after to wash up and sleep properly. I feel like my soul has been sucked up into a vacuum cleaner.

Then there are the fun times, the laughter, the silver linings, all of which wouldn't have been possible without my quirky, yet awesome bunch of friends. They put me on the 'good' side of the 'I'm Ok' spectrum. They remind me, sometimes even just for a minute, that I'm capable of picking myself up and indulging in simple pleasures like dissolving into uncontrollable laughter and making myself feel whole again. I'm thankful for their constant presence, as well as their undivided attention when I needed it most.

Throughout the past 6 months, I've come to know the people whom I'd never trade the world for. And I promise to reciprocate when it's time for me to do so.

Time heals all wounds, and friends are there to make the process less painful.

No comments :