Sunday, August 30, 2009

a few days back, someone asked me a question
my reply to that was a "no".
ive been living with guilt since then
what i'm going through now might be my retribution

lots of things circulating in my mind recently
jealous at some trivial matters that happened to others and not me.
self consolation might work at first but i find it pathetic in the long run

i lie to people, to my friends to avoid being embarrassed.
This is one secret of mine.
what about yours?

and let's talk about today

It was a long and somewhat tiring day
with many strangers walking past
made eye contact with a few
hoping they will look at you

Went to the atm
accidentally withdrew 200bucks
wanted to hit to machine in hopes of stopping the thing
i laughed at my stupidity as i walked off with the money

Decided to go home on my own
as I needed a breather
With my players in my ears
those childish thoughts slowly disappears

The journey back was a period of introspection
coupled with a tinch of self reflection
i had the urge to browse thru my phone
Even though im better off leaving it alone

I took off 1 side of my ear phones
to hear myself sing along with the song
Constantly looked back and forth to make sure no one is around
so i don't have to quiet down

The walk back home was fast
as the lights turned green when i go past
With my favourite tune being played
i took out my keys and opened the gate

home sweet home


good night

No comments :